1.Which of the following statements is TRUE of collectivism?
A:Collectivists tend to draw attention to themselves and express unique opinions.
B:Collectivist cultures are described as “I” cultures.
C:Members of collectivist cultures value open discussion of disagreement.
D:Uniformity and conformity are stressed in collectivist cultures.
答案: 【Uniformity and conformity are stressed in collectivist cultures.
2. Just now I suddenly realized that I was totally to blame. I’ll just have to face the music. The underlined part here means .
A: to accept responsibility for a mistake
B: to go to see the person who is in charge and ask what has gone wrong
C:to go to a concert and forget anything else by enjoying the music
D:to relax oneself by listening to the music alone
答案: 【 to accept responsibility for a mistake】
3. Bob is great! He always plays the game. The underlined part has the same meaning as .
A:plays various games
B: helps others when playing games
C:takes something as a game without caring too much
D:behaves in a fair and honorable way
答案: 【behaves in a fair and honorable way
4.Which of the following first names is shortened as “Bob”?
答案: 【 Robert】
5.If you received an English invitation to a formal western banquet but could not attend it, what would be an appropriate action?
A:Accept the invitation but then not attend.
B:Ask a colleague to phone a refusal.
C:Write a reply informing the host/hostess that you could not attend the banquet.
D:Ask a friend to attend the banquet for you
答案: 【Write a reply informing the host/hostess that you could not attend the banquet.】
6.Your American colleague has just had her hair dyed green. She is expecting your comment. What would you say appropriately?
A:”It looks much better.”
B:”Your hair is as green as tree leaves.”
C:”It’s too green. I don’t like the color.”
D: “It looks good.”
答案: 【 “It looks good.”】
7.Your classmate from Britain would like to borrow your computer this weekend. Unfortunately, you need to use it at the same time. How would you refuse the request politely?
A: “Sorry, I cannot lend it to you.”
B: “Yes, but you need to give it back to me as soon as possible.”
C:”I’d love to, but I’m afraid I’ve got a lot of things to type up as well.”
D: “Well, why don’t you borrow one from someone else?”
答案: 【”I’d love to, but I’m afraid I’ve got a lot of things to type up as well.”】
8.Trying to explain rock music to your grandfather is just like dui niu tan qin ( 对 牛 弹琴)-playing violin to a bull. The corresponding English expression is .
A:throwing pearls to a pig
B:casting diamonds to a dog
C:casting pearls before swine
D: throwing diamonds to a goat
答案: 【casting pearls before swine】
9.The idiom “by the skin of one’s teeth” means .
B:hard and flexible
D:one’s sense of right and wrong
答案: 【only just】
10.What does the ring gesture (you form an “O” by holding the tip of your forefinger to the tip of your thumb) mean in Britain?
A: Something is expensive.
B:I will kill you
C:Something is good.
D: Something is worthless.
答案: 【Something is good.】
11. _____ is behaviors such as gestures, body movements, facial expressions, and eye contact.
12. _____ is the study of communications sent by the eyes.
13. _____ is the study of how people perceive and use time.
14. _____is the traditional way of greeting in Northeast Asian countries like Korea and Japan.
15. _____ refers to intentional use of non-spoken symbol to communicate a specific message.
答案: 【Nonverbal communication】
16. _____ is the way we use fixed space and personal space.
17. _____refers to manners and behaviors considered acceptable in social and business situation.
18. _____is a physical link between two persons.
B. Gift giving
19. Haptics refers to communicating through the use of __________contact.
20. 4 feet to 12 feet, the distance between salespeople and customers and between people who work together, is called _______ zone.
沉梦博客 » 2020智慧树答案 跨文化交际-2019春夏 最新知到章节测试答案